Skinny Funfetti Cake Dip
Easy Fruit Trifle Recipe
I know I’m not a food blog, and I’m so very behind on my other posts, but I’m very proud of this!
I’ve never made cheesecake from scratch before, and even though it’s got a few bubble spots, there were no cracks, thanks to the awesome tutorial over at The Cake Bar. :-)
As suggested I placed the foil-wrapped cheesecake in a pan to catch any leaks, then put a pot of boiling water in with the cheesecake on a lower rack. Once it was cooled and I opened the oven, there wasn’t a single crack in the cake! This tutorial was a fantastic guide to have in my first shot at cheesecake.
The recipe I used is from the Betty Crocker cookbook, with only a couple changes: instead of using both lemon and orange zest, I only used orange, and instead of a 9” springform pan I had to use a 10”.
I love this submission. I think they did a great job! Don’t you think so?!
dolphinthemoon asked: I just thought I should let you know, I followed the tips in your tutorial, (pot of boiling water, setting it in a pan) and my first cheesecake is CRACK FREE! :D Thank you so much for the help! <3
I just spoke to them in PM and they’re going to post the pics! I’m going to re-blog them for you guys to see!! they followed my tips (and the recipe’s tutorial tips) to avoid cheesecake cracks! (cracks in cheesecakes are very common and annoying! The goal is to have a smooth surface with minimal blemishes)
Update: Here are the pics!
lady-karasu asked: Lavender extract is also quite easy to make if you're so inclined and have a bit of time. Here's a quick reference I just found via google: semisweetie(.)com/vegan/homemade-lavender-extract/
Look at my followers and how they ooze awesomeness
excouchpotato asked: Where can I find lavender extract I've been wanting to make lavender cupcakes but can't find it anywhere
I found some quickly on Amazon. But Always pick an amazon seller that has really good reviews :)
annickjoniaux asked: Cual crees que sea el smoothie o milkshake más rico? :)
todos son ricos si te gusta :D haha Lo que quiero decir es todo depende de el sabor o sabores que te gusten no? si quieres tu puedes ver las recetas que tengo abajo de los tags:
smoothies, shakes, milkshakes
tengo muchas recetas! :)
OMG someone has the baking bug! this is her second submission and look at these BEAUTIES!!! Here is the recipe she made
ULTIMATE COOKIE CUPS!
Thanks to the ever lovely TheCakeBar.tumblr.com :D
Stoneware Benefits 101
Okay I got this question the other day about my thoughts on stoneware form one of my lovely followers!!!
I thought it was a great question considering some of us might be ready to step up our game in the kitchen right?
I mean you’ve been following me for awhile now and have tried many of the recipes. Maybe this can be your next big move in the kitchen!?
Well here are some of my personal thoughts about upgrading to stoneware. Please share your comments/tips/advice publicly on this post (below)
Benefits of buying stoneware:
- Serving/presentation - Straight from the oven you can serve them in the same container (the stoneware). They’re really pretty so no need to transfer them into something ‘presentable’! Big plus!
- Re-heating - you can re-heat pies in the stoneware, very convenient. Less stuff to clean and less clutter :)
- Heats evenly - As far as baking goes glass and aluminum pies can be a bit unpredictable with stoneware crust are not soggy and are crisp and flakey.
- Save Money on pre-made pie crusts - In the long run you’ll save money from having to buy disposable crust pans!
- Keeps US away from pre-made crusts- C’mon….DIY…. pie crusts are easy to make so this will help us stay clear from pre-made supermarket crusts!
- Dishwasher safe - MOST not all are dishwasher safe, freezer safe, microwave safe, fridge safe. I mean that is really awesome… Think of all the possible uses…
- Depending on how much you bake it will save you money in the long run… IF you dont bake often this might not be a good purchase. But if you do, it’s a good long term investment
- Can match your china! They have them in colors and designs. Really pretty stoneware can be purchased to match the kitchenware you already have!
- Glass vs Ceramic – glass can bake unevenly, not as durable.
- Ceramic/stoneware you can hand it down to your family member from generation to generation. They last FOREVER!
- Food stays hotter for a longer period of time after leaving oven
- Easier to clean (enameled surfaces)
- Good for both pies/cakes and other sweet treats but also good for casseroles and other savory foods.
- Most are Chip, scratch, stain resistant
- Won’t absorb orders/flavors
- You can personalize them (name, brand etc). I have an example link below.
These are links for you to check out:
1) I do live in the Miami area, and not really… sowwy
2) Miami. Spending some time relaxing ;)
3) I’ll meet you at the chapel at 3? ;)
There was a pool involved too :D
Irish cream coffee
I’m an alcoholic
Sorry it’s dark but this is my mango mojito
My tiramisù at the beach