Martha Stewart Books
I own these two books, & I enjoyed them both. Specially the appetizer book it’s a true classic.
Did you know she’s my other spirit animal! (the first is Mariah of course)
- Hors D’oeuvres Handbook - No one knows better how to give a party than Martha Stewart—and as she proves in this comprehensive and visually dazzling handbook, great parties begin with great hors d’oeuvres. Three hundred all-new recipes, each photographed in full color, show why Martha Stewart is still America’s style authority and most trusted party host.
- Baking Handbook - Every new book from Martha Stewart is cause for celebration, and with Martha Stewart’s Baking Handbook, she returns to bring the pleasures of baking to readers at every level, from beginner to expert and beyond. A culinary compendium packed with more than 200 foolproof recipes for the best baked goods, Martha Stewart’s Baking Handbook takes readers by the hand and guides them through the process of creating an irresistible variety of cakes, cookies, pies, tarts, breads, and much more.
Mini Mocha Cheesecakes Recipe
How to Crumb Coat a Cake (video tutorial)
- A thin layer of frosting called the “crumb coat” seals in stray crumbs before fondant, marzipan, or a second frosting layer is applied. Remember to chill the crumb-coated cake until the frosting is set.
Alexis’s Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Unlike traditional recipes, this batter produces very flat and crisp chocolate chip cookies. Use an ice cream scoop to ensure even baking and uniform size. They spread wide on the pan while baking.
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Delicious Wedding Cakes
When it comes to dreaming up your wedding cake, outside appearances aren’t everything—what’s on the inside counts, too. We’ve rounded up mouthwatering dessert options that are sure to please everyone’s palate.
Click the links for recipes:
**these recipes can be used for all your party occasions not just weddings!
Scrumptious S’mores Wedding Cake
- A twist on the childhood indulgence, this confection by Wendy Kromer combines graham cake with chocolate ganache, marshmallows and vanilla buttercream.
- This can be used for any ‘big’ party celebration (sweet 16, anniversary, birthday etc!)
Outrageous Chocolate Chip Chunk Cookies! (recipe)
Peanut Butter Shortbread Squares w/Chocolate Basket Weave Motif
The milk-chocolate topping of these cookies looks like the result of masterful piping, but it’s actually a cinch to make using a mold. Beneath the chocolate hides a layer of peanut butter on top of brown-sugar shortbread, all of them adding up to a treat that’s creamy and crumbly and rich throughout.
- You will need a basket-weave mat (we used an 8”-by-16” rubber texture mat in basket weave (PA 01-6), $12, from chineseclayart.com) to imprint the chocolate with the woven motif. To make the squares without a mat, spread the melted chocolate atop the peanut butter layer, and refrigerate until firm, about an hour.
PS I couldn’t find the direct link at chineseclayart.com so you would have to contact them, or find another basket weave mat maybe on amazon, or ebay :)
ohmisterwinchester asked: if a recipe simply says brown sugar, will dark brown do, or shall go buy some light brown sugar?
sometimes dark brown sugar is too strong for a light brown sugar recipe. I suggest you stick to what the recipe calls for
antoniocesaros asked: hey, i really love this blog! out of curiosity, what are your favorite recipes with coconut? :)
I really love Martha Stewart’s Lemon Coconut Buttermilk Pie. I don’t have the recipe up because she never posted it on her official website. I got it from an old MS book I have.
But guess what? She recently uploaded a video tutorial!!!
It’s a really easy recipe, comes out perfect if you follow the instructions! :)
This one is a two for one special!!! How cute are these cookie spoons!?!?