Make a Spaghetti Gelato Sundae (with video)
Have ice cream and a Ziploc bag? You can try New York’s newest dessert craze: the Spaghetti Sundae.
Served at the Dolce Gelateria in New York City, Spaghettieis—a treat invented in Germany in the 1960s—is actually vanilla gelato pushed through a pasta maker to form noodle-like strings. Think of your old Play-doh Fun Factory, but with ice cream!
To finish off the savory illusion, the “pasta” is topped with “marinara” (strawberry or raspberry sauce), “meatballs” (small scoops of chocolate gelato) and “grated cheese” (coconut shavings). So cute, right?
While the artisans at Dolce Gelateria use industrial pasta machines to turn out their noodles, you can make this sundae at home with much simpler supplies. All you need is a pastry bag or potato ricer, ice cream and some toppings. Here’s the scoop:
Vanilla ice cream
Strawberry or raspberry sauce (store-bought or homemade)
Chocolate ice cream
Coconut flakes or grated white chocolate
1. Place a bowl in the freezer and a carton of vanilla ice cream in the fridge, both for 15 minutes. (The ice cream will need to soften a little.)
2. Place a dollop of whipped cream in the chilled bowl. Scoop the ice cream into a ricer or pastry bag, and squeeze the “noodles” on top.
3. Top with strawberry or raspberry sauce, two tiny scoops of chocolate ice cream, and a sprinkle of coconut flakes or grated white chocolate.
Ben & Jerry’s Grilled Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Sundae
- Grill pineapple slices and sliced pound cake for 1-2 minutes on each side until grill marks are present.
- Top grilled pound cake with 1-2 scoops Ben & Jerry’s Vanilla ice cream and 1 slice of grilled pineapple.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and top with whipped cream.
- Finish it off with a cherry, and enjoy!
Candied Maple Bacon Sundae
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or spice of your choice)
- 12 ounce extra thick center cut bacon
- 2 ounces butter- melted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 dash of Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Melt 4 ounces of chocolate (your choice)
- 20 Sea Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Full instructions click here
The Ultimate Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Sundae
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Caramel sauce
- broken pretzel rods
- whipped cream
200 calorie hot fudge brownie sundae
Brownie Cookie Sundae Bowls (tutorial)
Gooey Chocolate Skillet Cake Ice Cream Sundae (recipe)
red velvet cake chocolate sundae!
Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes! (recipe)
Brownie ice cream sundae!