Very Vanilla Cupcakes
Fluffy White Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Vanilla Cake with Quick Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Angel Food Cake Tutorial
This is perfect if you’re trying to eat healthier. Angel food cake is a butterless cake that’s perfect for ANY occasion.
Reason’s to love angel food cake:
- Has no butter - perfect for those of us who want to eat healthier but NOT starve ourselves
- Can be served with an endless list of toppings (fruits, marmalades, ganaches, syrups, whipped creams, jams, fresh fruit, nuts, candy, ice cream, sorbets, frozen yogurts, greek yogurt etc etc) —- you have control of your calories and flavor combinations!
- Easy to make - basic ingredients include just egg whites, flour, sugar
- Always a crowd pleaser. People can be picky eaters; with this simple recipe and also offering different toppings, party goers will have less complaints!
- Great for trifles, cake shooters, parfaits etc! :)
**tip: NEVER EVER butter your angel food cake pan. Always let it cool down upside down and then slowly remove from pan (always use the correct pan…)
Can you think of more reasons to love angel food cake? Share your thoughts below!
Everyone should have go-to recipes for both a white/vanilla cake and a chocolate cake! They’re perfect too mix and match fillings and frostings…. so be CREATIVE!
For fillings and frosting ideas click here… if you need more help send me a message @thecakebar and I’ll give you more mix/match ideas :)
Independence Day Cupcakes!
- red velvet batter
- blue velvet batter
- and vanilla batter
This is a great DIY idea for Fourth of July!
Strawberry and Cream Mousse & Vanilla Bean Cake
Fluffy Vanilla White Cake! (recipe)
cherry and Vanilla Cake
candelifera asked: Hi there, just wanna say that you have a totally fabulous blog! :) My mom's birthday is coming up next week, and I thought I'd bake her a cake, I've been baking a lot of cupcakes lately, not a birthday cake though. So I was wondering if you have a reaaaaallllllly simple and reliable recipe I could use? Thank you so much! xx
when in doubt… martha stewart to the rescue….
here is her go-to vanilla cake recipe that can be transformed to 3 (and I bet even more) different flavored cakes. and here is video for 4 different frostings that can go with the cake recipe